Costs for the researcher
All costs are calculated on a national basis. If your research project needs data from e.g. Finland and Sweden, you will sign a contract with each of these countries and you will receive two bills.
When giving you a price estimate for your research project, a number of factors are taken into account, among other things an estimate of how many hours are needed to extract and anonymise the data.
- The compiling and editing of research data are priced at an hourly rate according to the number of hours worked. The price of research service is EUR 105 per hour.
- A data assignment includes free of charge 10 hours of preparatory work.
- A fee of EUR 150 is charged for an extension/expansion of a user licence.
- Statistics Finland has compiled several so called ready made data sets for research use that are available for EUR 300 – 1000.
- A research project-specific price is charged for the use of the remote access system FIONA. Agreements can be made on a monthly or yearly basis. The use charge is based on the number of researchers in the project using FIONA and it ranges from EUR 200 / 1 user /month to EUR 4000 / 9 users / year.
- The cost for data extraction varies depending on the complexity of the assignment.
- Time spent on guiding researchers and negotiating a request is included in the total of hours.
- Using the MONA remote access is free of charge for Swedish researchers with funding from a Swedish research funder.
- The hourly rate for data extraction is DKK 1050 exclusive of VAT for projects at public research institutions and DKK 1650 exclusive of VAT projects at private research institutions.
- Public research projects receive 10 hours of free guidance and advice.
- Using the remote access system is free of charge for public researchers and costs DKK 180 exclusive of VAT per day for private researchers.
- Data storage is free for data amount taking up less than 5 GB. If the data amount exceeds 5 GB, the price is DKK 15 per quarter on to which is added DKK 15 for each additional 5 GB.
- Statistics Norway charges the time it takes to clarify the content and prepare and transfer the data.
- Each application receives a calculated fixed price based on an hourly rate of NOK 950 + VAT (May 2017).
- The price is subject to VAT according to Norwegian legislation.
- Each data access application includes a fixed cost of 8 hours of preparatory work.
- Other tasks conducted by the research service of Statistics Iceland are priced at an hourly rate.
- The main tasks which are charged for are:
- Compiling and combining data
- Data editing
- Risk assessment and statistical disclosure control
- Please consult Statistics Iceland website for price information: https://hagstofa.is/thjonusta/gjaldskra/
Please contact your local research services unit for more information and for a price estimate of your project.