Application process for the remote access system:
- An organization can draw up a contract with Statistics Finland about the use of the remote access system, with which the researcher gains access to Statistics Finland’s server from his/her workstation via the web. In connection with the agreement, customers supply to Statistics Finland an account of their data protection and data security practices related to remote access use.
- The organization’s administrative and technical contact persons are specified in the agreement. Contact persons must take part in training related to remote access use.
- Statistics Finland opens remote access to the remote access system from the IP address precisely defined by the customer.
- The customer is responsible for that the premises used by researchers are suitable for research and remote use and that data can be processed there so that the data protection is not endangered
Guides and rules for using the Danish Remote Access System are found at the following links:
- http://dst.dk/ext/5377033436/0/forskning/Retningslinjer-for-hjemsendelse-af-analyseresultater–pdf (Danish)
- http://dst.dk/ext/8804839804/0/forskning/Guidelines-for-Transferring-Aggregated-Results-from-Statistics-Denmark-s-Research-Services–pdf (English)
The standard routine is that data are made available through the Swedish remote access system MONA: http://www.scb.se/en_/Services/Guidance-for-researchers-and-universities/MONA/
However, if the data contains medical data from National Board of Health and Welfare the data is delivered outside the remote access system using a secure solution such as SFTP.